We are pleased to introduce you to our most distinguished gentleman, Tyson. This chunky squishmallow is looking for a loving family willing to give him a safe and happy home to spend is golden years. Tyson is 10 years old, house trained, crate trained and quite possibly the happiest most perfect boy we’ve ever met. He is good with dogs and kids, and literally everyone else he meets. When we say Tyson is perfect, we mean literally PERFECT. He came to us in extremely rough shape physically, but is the kindest most gentle soul. Tyson’s foster family has spent months working with our veterinarians to get him physically well, and now that he’s cleared medically, it’s time he move on to a forever home. That said, prospective adopters should know that like any gentleman of his age, he is on a few medications to keep him feeling his best. Tyson’s maintenance med cost is around $200 per month, not including food, supplements, treats or prevention.
Here are a few more things to know about Tyson:
- Tyson is very well mannered. Did we mention…Gentleman!
- He loves to cuddle and be around his people.
- He is crate trained but prefers not to be in there. He has done well gated in a smaller section of the house when his foster family is gone.
- Beware! Counter surfer alert! His nose works overtime and he can sniff out even the tiniest bit of food. Nothing is safe left out!
- He loves the outdoors. Loves exploring in the yard & has even been camping several times & does great!
- Will do well with a family that is home often and can let him out several times throughout the day.
- Has the MOST love to give!
We understand that it is difficult to consider opening your heart to a senior dog. But we can promise that what Tyson may lack in years left in life, he MORE than make up for in love left to give. Do you think you could be willing to open your hearts and home to our sweet old man? Let’s chat!
Pre-Approved adopters, please reach out to our adoption coordinators at BoxerHavenRescue@yahoo.com
If you are not yet pre-approved, you can learn more about becoming pre-approved, and fill out an application here:
Boxer Haven Rescue does not adopt on a first come, first serve basis. If you are not contacted regarding a dog you expressed interest in, please continue to follow our website and social media, as it can change daily! If you do not live in the state of Michigan, please contact us before applying, so we can ensure we are able to adopt into your area.